Thursday, August 15, 2013

CU installation error - "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system"

The installation of SharePoint 2013 CU201308 was fine. But when I ran the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on the first web front end server, I got error message complaining that Hotfix KB2817616 was missing on one of the servers.

I thought I missed that server, but when I tried to install SharePoint 2013 CU201308 on that server, it said "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

I tried to Clearing the Configuration Cache, restarted the timer service, but nothing worked.

In terms of Cumulative Patch installation rule, there is no way to uninstall or re-install a CU patch. So I stuck there.

So this server have to be sacrificed to this CU installation. I disconnected this server from the farm, and then upgraded the farm successfully.

It won't hurt to give it a last chance. After join the server back to the farm, it's upgraded without any problem!

No sure what's the problem, but anyway, it works now.

[update, 20140106]

We can disconnect the server from the farm through PowerShell command "Disconnect-SPConfigurationDatabase –Confirm:$false", reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607702(v=office.14).aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment