Sunday, April 6, 2014

Node.js, C# and SharePoint API

Just curious: is Microsoft plan to integrate Node.js features into C# and SharePoint server side API?

I think it's a MUST, at least for SharePoint online.

Don't know whether I am the only one got this issue: when deploying farm solutions to SharePoint Server, it's always slow. I have CPU Intel Core i7 3770, 32GB RAM, two SSD disks (Intel 520 and Samsung 840 Pro). From performance monitor, I can see that there is no performance bottleneck, but it's still slow.

I am not talking about "minutes", but something like "20 seconds". But it makes me confused: if CPU usage and SSD access is less than 1%, then, what make the deployment procedure so slow?

SharePoint has potential to be much, much faster.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative post. I sometimes do presentations on SharePoint and was wondering if I could use your Print List example in my presentations and refer my audience to your website for further info.

    ReplyDelete